By Aja Frost, November 13, 2014
Whether you like it or not (wink, wink), being liked at work is important to your success. Plus, let’s be honest: Being liked just plain feels good!
Fortunately, if you want to up your likeability quotient, doing a personality 180 is completely unnecessary. Just make these 10 changes. They’re small, but they’ll get you big results.
- It’s counterintuitive, but asking someone to do you a favor makes him or her like you more. (Huffington Post)
- Adding these 19 words to your repertoire will instantly boost your likeability. (Inc.)
- What the “eyebrow flash” is—and why it makes you instantly more charming. (Psychology Today)
- Here’s what the extremely likeable do differently. (Lifehack)
- If your boss crosses his or her legs, you should, too.(Psychologia)
- Why sometimes being more likeable means being less nice. (The Business Journals)
- Laugh at yourself—and seven other charisma-boosting moves. (Slate)
- Four tricks for remembering anyone’s name; because Fina from operations will like you all the more for it. (Fast Company)
- Should you wear that cologne? How scents can help or hurt others’ opinions of you. (Forbes)
- Try out these 10 genuine ways anyone can be charming, which include showing a little vulnerability. (Inc.)
As published on http://muse.cm/16cbfw4